Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - Very sad news about NOGOODSK8RPUNK - Reply to topic

Tesore

Post Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Very very sad news:
Matt and many of us have competed on photoshopcontest.com for years, he was one of the friendliest people out there and you can check out his portfolio there (NOGOODSK8RPUNK).
I am just in shock by this news, so so sorry to hear this. My sincere condolences to Matt's family and friends.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5516344898406246&id=100000923715269

😢

Tesore

Post Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:59 pm   Reply with quote         

From his friend Bob Horning:

A very, very dear friend has passed, Matt Hylton. We all thought he had a several months but this went very fast. Another friend has asked me to post on Horning's Hideout so the community knows, and to also send any photos or memories of Matt and post on his page, they wish to make a memorial video of him.
Matt was a person that touched many, had a vibrant spirit that you could not help but love. We will all miss him.

ReinMan

Post Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:18 pm   Reply with quote         

So very sad about this news. Sad

Tawiskaro

Post Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore, this is sad news, indeed. His last entry was in 2009. It looks like his last post was in 2019. That was the last contact I had with him. NGSP (I rarely called him Matt) was a nice guy in my experience. He never dropped nasty comments on others' entries. He offered helpful criticism. He had a healthy sense of humor.

I exchanged numerous messages with him during the Julie Clark episode. I just went to my inbox to refresh my memory on the subject. Unfortunately, the messages have all dropped off my list. I remember vividly his enthusiasm for battling Ms. Clark. And his success, celebrated by his avatar:

It just might be my all time favorite avatar.

NGSP was a good guy, but he was also a very good chopper:

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/140505/tricked-57.html

The image referenced above kicked my butt in the Gunvor Maersk contest back in June 2008. He came in first in a field of 50 entries. Here is his comment to the runner up: "congrats on the 2nd this was a very close race and an honor to compete w/ you Wink" His portfolio is definitely worth a look.

I always hoped he would come back and chop. Now he never will. I never met the man, so why is it I feel like I've lost an old friend?

ShootHerman

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:07 am   Reply with quote         

R.I.P. NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:33 am   Reply with quote         

We will miss you NoGoodSk8rPunk. Thanks for all the great times here at the PSC. Cheers to you!🙏 prayers go out to you and your family.

Luxwiz

Post Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:13 pm   Reply with quote         

RIP Matt,such sad news,he was a cool chopper and a good buddy to me for many years here on PSC and although we had lost touch since he stopped choppin years ago it seems like I've lost a close friend that I still hang around with every day... Get on your skateboard and surf on into eternity Matt Hug

Post Sun May 30, 2021 11:11 am   Reply with quote         

very sad news, he was such a very nice person and good chopper.

WhimSea

Post Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:25 pm   Reply with quote         

What!! What happened to Matt? He was so fun to chat with and I loved his funny comments on my chops, votes or otherwise. He was fun to fool on anonymous contests. I was just thinking of him the other day... so sorry to hear he passed.

you can see a few of his funny comments here - on his vote and then below in regular comments.

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/132914/squeezebox-brew.html

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/130543/pipedreams-gif.html

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/126184/r-e-l-i-e-f--gif.html

Oscar

Post Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:12 am   Reply with quote         

I'm so sorry to hear, Matt was an amazing guy and we did chops together. RIP bud. Crying or Very sad

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - Very sad news about NOGOODSK8RPUNK - Reply to topic