Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - 285945 users only 10 each day?! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

YerPalAl

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:18 am   Reply with quote         

And there's the issue of permissions from the members who created the chop. Many are just gone and some have even died.

Papchap

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:43 am   Reply with quote         

Zizounai wrote:
PapChap I think it would be difficult to make a book when so many entries are done from copirighted images!!!

Yes thats true... we could tell people to give their best photos that they know are for sure not copyrighted. Or we can give credit. Right? Actually I don't really know how it works but if we already have copyrighted images on the site then whats the harm in putting it in a book? We also don't have to publish the book, we can keep it in our community.

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:46 am   Reply with quote         

We don't have to include the chops from dead people! I think you guys are overthinking it. If we just start doing It then we can work out problems as we go. It doesn't have to be a big serious thing, just a project.

Post Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, you have my permission to use any of my chops going back to 2004.
(Christ, I feel old)

Post Sat May 02, 2020 8:24 pm   Reply with quote         

How about a mobile friendly site. Cell phones seem popular. Or maybe some social media integration, you know, share your contest on Facebook, or host professional portfolios for linked in members. I think it's time to blame the developers.

Post Sun May 03, 2020 5:24 am   Reply with quote         

Watch them Drift wrote:
How about a mobile friendly site. Cell phones seem popular. Or maybe some social media integration, you know, share your contest on Facebook, or host professional portfolios for linked in members. I think it's time to blame the developers.

Yes! Definitely agree! Let's write a letter or email to the people who can do those things. Social media would majorly help solve the problem. I thought I read somewhere the site buys advertising sometimes? Has ANYBODY Seen a PSC advertisment in the past ten years?? I think the owners probably just monetized the site until they couldnt anymore and just left it for good.

There's a paragraph in the about section:

Quote:
The essence of PSC has been the application of modern web technologies to models and functions proposed by the site members. And even though the ownership has changed, PSC will continue to be driven by the ideas and suggestions of its users. At the same time, we will make every effort to take PSC to a higher plane and will explore ways to make things even better for the community.

Maybe that once was true, but right now it just looks like marketing bs. We really need to do something about this.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - 285945 users only 10 each day?! - Reply to topic