Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - WAR - Reply to topic

monopoid

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:58 pm   Reply with quote         

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX7V6FAoTLc[/youtube]

bye

Tawiskaro

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Charlie, it's only about 168 out of 239--and that is if you count the period from 1784 through 1890 (The Indian Wars) as one continuous conflict--and include the period from 2001 to present (the war on terror and associated conflicts).

There is a comprehensive list of American conflicts here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_United_States. Almost forgotten is the Korea Expedition of 1871, also known as the First Korean War. I first read about that fifty years ago when I was a junior high school student. I was a naval history buff.

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
--John Paul Jones

That Scottish American sailor established the ideal for the United States Navy officer corps through generations up through and beyond World War II. His spirit was present at the Battle off Samar Island in the Leyte Gulf in October 1944:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AdcvDiA3lE

The video is rather long, but well worth watching. I can think of no more heroic story than that of the American seamen engaged in this battle. One commenter expressed surprise that the American destroyers fighting the Japanese Battleships and cruisers didn't sink outright because the balls of their crews were so big.

It's a great story with many YouTube depictions. Just search on "Battle of Leyte Gulf" or "Taffy 3".

Yes, America has been involved in many conflicts. Some questionable. Some objectionable. But the United States has not killed 100 million or more of it's own citizens as communist governments have. You can look it up:

https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM

Just sayin'.

Luxwiz

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:56 am   Reply with quote         

WAR IS BIG BUSSINESS and not just to the USA but worldwide.All empires throughout history are a product of this booming bussiness.Just that the USA is the last in a long list of Empires that have risen and maintained through war,if the adversary wont succumb to seduction or offers that they cant refuse then they will succumb through war,which practically always has as it's raison d'être in the conquest,enslavement,pillaging etc.of the adversary,to the victor go the wealth and spoils of the vanquished...this has been going on in all the world's countless civilizations since prehistory,the list is endless.So war is not a monopoly of the USA,however they and their associated Multi-National Military-Industrial Complex are today's EMPIRE,so today's wars in which the US is involved are necessary to maintain it's global geopolitical-economical control and influence - it's empire status.The difference today is that since the advent of nuclear weapons,we have become aware that all out world war on a global scale could be the end of civilization,so war has been relegated to proxy status, however fullfilling the same general purpose of Empire consolidation.Seems like it's the way of the world,and possibly has a biological premise based on natural selection and survival of the fittest

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2014/01/big-money-behind-war-military-industrial-complex-20141473026736533.html

yeah I know the article is from the aljazeera website but it is written by Jonathan Turley, the Shapiro Professor of Public Interest Law at George Washington University and has testified before Congress on the dangerous expansion of presidential powers.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/bookreviews/4943411/How-war-is-big-business.html

https://readersupportednews.org/pm-section/21-21/20222-the-business-of-america-is-war-and-war-is-big-business

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/03/10/10-companies-profiting-most-from-war/1970997/

From the article above:

The business of war is profitable. In 2011, the 100 largest contractors sold $410 billion in arms and military services. Just 10 of those companies sold over $208 billion. Based on a list of the top 100 arms-producing and military services companies in 2011 compiled by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), 24/7 Wall St. reviewed the 10 companies with the most military sales worldwide.
These companies have benefited tremendously from the growth in military spending in the U.S., which by far has the largest military budget in the world. In 2000, the U.S. defense budget was approximately $312 billion. By 2011, the figure had grown to $712 billion.
For Fiscal Year 2019 (FY2019), the Department of Defense' budget authority is approximately $693 billion ($693,058,000,000).[1] Approximately $684.9 billion ($684,985,000,000) is discretionary, approximately $8 billion ($8,081,000,000) is mandatory. The Department of Defense estimates that $652.2 billion ($652,225,000,000) will actually be spentmore than the next 10 countries added together

https://www.statista.com/statistics/272473/us-military-spending-from-2000-to-2012/

Bic9000

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nailed by the history of war nerds!!

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
... if the adversary wont succumb to seduction or offers that they cant refuse then they will succumb through war,which practically always has as it's raison d'être in the conquest,enslavement,pillaging etc.of the adversary,to the victor go the wealth and spoils of the vanquished...this has been going on in all the world's countless civilizations since prehistory,the list is endless

Two noteworthy exceptions to this generalization are post World War II Western Europe and Japan.

Luxwiz

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:
... if the adversary wont succumb to seduction or offers that they cant refuse then they will succumb through war,which practically always has as it's raison d'être in the conquest,enslavement,pillaging etc.of the adversary,to the victor go the wealth and spoils of the vanquished...this has been going on in all the world's countless civilizations since prehistory,the list is endless

Two noteworthy exceptions to this generalization are post World War II Western Europe and Japan.

Well yes it is a generalization as there are always exceptions to the rule in any theoretical argument but Japan did come into the fold of western influence (militarily and economically) and with the creation of NATO and the EU Europe as a whole has also become an unwavering ally of America,but valid point.It seems the last two world wars are different to most preceeding conflicts in that aside from Empire consolidation,they are part of a greater agenda,that being the NWO quest for an eventual One World System under a One World Government.Globalization being one of the primary forces driving the geopolitical and socioeconomical paradigm shift towards fullfilling this agenda.World War I broke down the remnants of the old feudal monarchical European order (the Habsburg Austro-Hungarian Empire) and the Ottoman Empire,givng rise to a varied number of European nation states and the redrawing of the middle east.It was decisive in producing the Balfour Derclaration (the deal between Britain and the Rothschild zionists) which would later give rise to the State of Israel,crucial to the future dynamics by which the west would gain a foothold for gaining influence in the middle east.The Soviet Union also rose from the ashes of that conflict and would be a crucial player as the Hegelian formula "antithesis" against the Nazis "thesis"which would impose the "synthesis" of America and would prepare the way for the next paradigm shift in the post World War II world,the unification of the European nation states into the EU,the illusionary cold war between the USSR and the west (and I say illusionary because in fact it was a guise by which the two superpowers could evolve technologically w/o outright blatent military confrontation) with the eventual ideological victory of the west.This along with the post W.W. II rise of Communist China and it's recent flirtation with pseudo-capitalism to create the world's next virtual economic power and Empire in the making.These events bring us to the present day and put us on the threshold of the next important steps in the creation of the NWO.If Ordo ab Chao rings a bell then we can expect more staged conflicts throughout the globe in the future and pray it wont be a third world conflagration.
Disclaimer: I admit these arguments as well may be subject to generalizations Laughing

Tawiskaro

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Check out Apocalypse World War I on YouTube. It's a grisly five part documentary: "Fury", "Fear", "Hell", "Rage", and "Deliverance". It's a great refresher course on how awful war can be, and how "The War to End all Wars" set the tone for the 20th century. War profiteers, egomaniacs, lunatics, religious zealots, and a host of combatants from all continents drive or engage in senseless and massive slaughter. The colorized archival film footage is amazing--not the colorization, but the subjects and scenes. Gruesome, heartbreaking stuff.

For the "history of war nerds" who haven't seen it.

Laughing

Luxwiz

Post Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:45 am   Reply with quote         

thanks Ted will give it a look... WAR is profit for the wicked and hell for the cannon fodder

monopoid

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:14 pm   Reply with quote         

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d67rhIzUhhk[/youtube]

salut

Tawiskaro

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Charlie, if only it had been so.

After I stopped laughing, I realized the Python skit looked more like the Battle of Passchendaele.

Luxwiz

Post Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:45 am   Reply with quote         

the horrors of war aside, thanks Charlie Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:03 pm   Reply with quote         

How many thousands of years does Europe, Asia and Africa each have under their belts?

Post Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:47 am   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
How many thousands of years does Europe, Asia and Africa each have under their belts?

that is not in dispute Mason,thing is America is only 244 years old (well it will be this 4th of July) so this is put in that context.We all know humanity has been at war since Cain murdered Abel Laughing

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - WAR - Reply to topic