Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - What do you think of this? - Reply to topic

Post Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:55 pm   Reply with quote         

instead of winning 50 dollars every week, I propose to give 10 dollars to the winner every day, that means an open contest with no hidden names
What do you think?

BigGame3113

Post Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:23 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't know... I, for one, like the high stakes in one contest a week. I think it raises the bar for everyone, in that it attracts harder competition. A good chop takes a considerable amount of time, and some of us who don't have time to chop regularly in the daily contests have more motivation to keep chopping, even if it is once a week or so.

Imo, $10 contests all the time wouldn't really be worth it to me. It might be interesting though.

But that's just me and my lengthy reply lol.

Post Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:40 am   Reply with quote         

BigGame3113 wrote:
I don't know... I, for one, like the high stakes in one contest a week. I think it raises the bar for everyone, in that it attracts harder competition. A good chop takes a considerable amount of time, and some of us who don't have time to chop regularly in the daily contests have more motivation to keep chopping, even if it is once a week or so.

Imo, $10 contests all the time wouldn't really be worth it to me. It might be interesting though.

But that's just me and my lengthy reply lol.
Wink I agree with BG

Lynnette0807

Post Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:26 am   Reply with quote         

I agree with BG as well but I also like your idea. Money motivates so I think more members will participate, maybe even vote more, than just one day a week. Speaking from someone who does has time to enter daily. Either way, I am still happy just being here with all you talented artists learning each and every day. flower

Post Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:18 am   Reply with quote         

Lynnette0807 wrote:
I agree with BG as well but I also like your idea. Money motivates so I think more members will participate, maybe even vote more, than just one day a week. Speaking from someone who does has time to enter daily. Either way, I am still happy just being here with all you talented artists learning each and every day. flower
Very Happy You're just the sweetest!! Lol

Lynnette0807

Post Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:18 pm   Reply with quote         

zaza wrote:
Lynnette0807 wrote:
Very Happy You're just the sweetest!! Lol

Thank you:-) Very Happy

Post Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Some other elements to the idea are that it would be an extra $20 a week for them to pay out, yes it's not a great deal more but still adds up over the month. And there is also the job of having to make a single payment to someone everyday which they would probably find tedious.

Wouldn't hurt to have a competition to win free Advantage every now and then though.

BigGame3113

Post Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Muggins wrote:
Some other elements to the idea are that it would be an extra $20 a week for them to pay out, yes it's not a great deal more but still adds up over the month. And there is also the job of having to make a single payment to someone everyday which they would probably find tedious.

Wouldn't hurt to have a competition to win free Advantage every now and then though.

yeah good points. I wonder if this site will eventually run out of prize money.
A free advantage comp would be sweet but they need all the cash they can pull in lol

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - What do you think of this? - Reply to topic