Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - repeat source photo - Reply to topic

YerPalAl

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:27 am   Reply with quote         

Once again a source photo that has already been used for a contest is back.

Propped Open

Rolling Eyes

YerPalAl

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Just thought I'd BUMP this since no one seems to be paying attention.

HERE:
http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/1000113/propped-open.html?o=votes

I found the contest it was in.

Dream_weaver

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:43 pm   Reply with quote         

No idea why they get recycled through. Oh well, I'll just vote for a different one. But what do we do when all the images have already been done? Question I guess we'll have to search for some new ones to submit and hopefully they will start a new cycle and overwrite some of these repeats.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:39 pm   Reply with quote         

It seems to happen with images that have been used in a speed chop contest. I guess they don't get pulled off the voting queue automatically.

annajon

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:13 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
It seems to happen with images that have been used in a speed chop contest. I guess they don't get pulled off the voting queue automatically.

It's also possible that someone entered the same picture twice, because they did not see it get to the vote queue maybe?

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:24 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
It's also possible that someone entered the same picture twice, because they did not see it get to the vote queue maybe?
Duplicate source images are usually deleted by mods who sift through the submitted images before they enter the voting pool.

annajon

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:27 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
annajon wrote:
Duplicate source images are usually deleted by mods who sift through the submitted images before they enter the voting pool.

ah, oh well. I am just saying. It is not from today, this problem. We had it before we got the speedchop contests too.

Wiz

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:38 pm   Reply with quote         

"Well that's just bloody great, do all voters that voted for it this time get a second vote if it is pulled from the comp... I don't think so somehow, knowing how SNAFU's around here work!

The last time, I actually had a finished entry posted in so called 'Advantage' Rolling Eyes for a source that was subsequently taken down.

My thoughts: If a source pic is up, and so much as one bleeding vote for it is in... IT STAYS UP!
Like that bloody COOK-TOP saga we had, and probably will again, knowing the sloppy IT skills of the PSC Pixel Munching Machine.

Now if some kind mod will give me back my already cast vote for the 'Propped Open' source image back, I'll quietly step down from my soapbox!"

Not Happy

Wiz Evil or Very Mad

anfa

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Wiz wrote:
"Well that's just bloody great, do all voters that voted for it this time get a second vote if it is pulled from the comp... I don't think so somehow, knowing how SNAFU's around here work!

The last time, I actually had a finished entry posted in so called 'Advantage' Rolling Eyes for a source that was subsequently taken down.

My thoughts: If a source pic is up, and so much as one bleeding vote for it is in... IT STAYS UP!
Like that bloody COOK-TOP saga we had, and probably will again, knowing the sloppy IT skills of the PSC Pixel Munching Machine.

Now if some kind mod will give me back my already cast vote for the 'Propped Open' source image back, I'll quietly step down from my soapbox!"

Not Happy

Wiz Evil or Very Mad

Wiz, stop being a total dick! You can't even use image tags properly, so who are you to judge other people's IT skills?!?

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:39 am   Reply with quote         

Wiz wrote:
...If a source pic is up, and so much as one bleeding vote for it is in... IT STAYS UP!
For what it's worth, the stove top made it's special appearances on speed chop days, with a total of zero user votes each time
Wiz wrote:
Now if some kind mod will give me back my already cast vote for the 'Propped Open' source image back
May I humbly suggest that you fire up your handy dandy award-winning time machine, go back a few hours and kindly cast your vote for a different source image.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - repeat source photo - Reply to topic