Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Yet another Spam suggestion - Reply to topic

Should all advantage people have SpamHammers?

Hell Yeah! Let me start jackhammering now!

21%

21%

[ 3 ]

Boo Hiss! Leave the Hammers in the hands of professionals!

78%

78%

[ 11 ]

Total Votes: 14

Dechene

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:14 am   Reply with quote         

My god the spam threads here are annoying.

How bout this:

Next to the 'Reply with quote' link next to the original post, every advantage member gets a little "Is this Spam?" button.

Once 5 different advantage members have marked the topic as spam, it automatically becomes locked, is removed from the forum thread listing thingamajig and a mod or mods are alerted to it.

If it is spam, they can delete it, if its not, they can reinstate it, and it pops back to the top of the forum listing thingamajig.

At the very least it will end the threads we have that are started by spam that get turned into sideshows where everyone has their say. I do like those ones, they can be funny, but when there is cool stuff like tut's, games, cool links to videos or people asking for help, those spam threads can push them down the list out of sight.

Mods can't always be around, remember just a couple weeks back with the dirty story spam we had?

And if cheeky members decide to mark random threads as spam for a joke, simply take the button away from them.

So my suggestion is this : Free SPAMHAMMERS for ALL!!!

annajon

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:37 am   Reply with quote         

I would rather see a chance to put the link of the thread into quaranteen - meaning brought to the attention of the mods and no possibillity to respond to the subject.

No respons means the item if gone from the forum top 10 list soonest, and the mods can take the concideration to reset the item into the forum or delete it.

This way we as PSC folks are able to be a little more active on the moderating, but don't get too big a head about it. And, it will discourage rebellious use of the quaranteen button.

My little nickle.

YerPalAl

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:29 am   Reply with quote         

No, I think its a bad idea, sorry. Spmepne would use their power to screw with someone they had a problem with. Leave the spamhammer in the hands of those charged to use it now, we can just whine and complain as always. Very Happy

Cartoon Contractor

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:35 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
No, I think its a bad idea, sorry. Spmepne would use their power to screw with someone they had a problem with. Leave the spamhammer in the hands of those charged to use it now, we can just whine and complain as always. Very Happy

Yeah, it gives us something to do! Laughing Laughing And I kinda like effin with the spamers! Very Happy Rolling Eyes

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Bad idea.

Like YerPalAl said... it would be abused and legit posts would get booted, feelings would get hurt, mass confusion would ensue.

Then the wars would start...

ReyRey

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:20 pm   Reply with quote         

I wish I had one to delete this post. Laughing Shocked Wink

seamusoisin

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Aren't the present holders of the divine spam hammer dangerous enough? Imagine the carnage. This is too horrible to imagine. The answer to this spam stuff is whiteout and anyone can just dab a little on their screen and voila spam gone until the official spam hammer does it's thing. I will now go to my room and mediate for further insightfulness. OOOOOHHHHHHHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.OOOOOHHHHHHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Rolling Eyes

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
Dechene

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:06 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
I wish I had one to delete this post. Laughing Shocked Wink

meanie!

Tesore

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Very Happy

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:22 pm   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:
Aren't the present holders of the divine spam hammer dangerous enough? Imagine the carnage. This is too horrible to imagine. The answer to this spam stuff is whiteout and anyone can just dab a little on their screen and voila spam gone until the official spam hammer does it's thing. I will now go to my room and mediate for further insightfulness. OOOOOHHHHHHHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.OOOOOHHHHHHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Rolling Eyes
That doesn't sound like mediation. Masterba..... nevermind. Laughing

seamusoisin

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:01 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
seamusoisin wrote:
That doesn't sound like mediation. Masterba..... nevermind. Laughing

BUSTED Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Yet another Spam suggestion - Reply to topic