Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - Freakin' Photo Upload Size - Reply to topic

shreddingskin

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Can someone tell me please how I am to reduce my contest photo to less than 125kb without it being the size of a postage stamp?!!
Twisted Evil

tomcol6

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:52 pm   Reply with quote         

shreddingskin wrote:
Can someone tell me please how I am to reduce my contest photo to less than 125kb without it being the size of a postage stamp?!!
Twisted Evil

Go to File > Save for Web and Devices, select jpeg and adjust the settings. There is a little box in the corner which tells you what your file size will be.

shreddingskin

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:53 pm   Reply with quote         

tomcol6 wrote:
shreddingskin wrote:
Twisted Evil

Go to File > Save for Web and Devices, select jpeg and adjust the settings. There is a little box in the corner which tells you what your file size will be.

Thanks so much! Greatly appreciate your answer. Smile

tomcol6

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:58 pm   Reply with quote         

No worries. Here's a screen shot for you too!

TJ

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:07 pm   Reply with quote         

shreddingskin wrote:
tomcol6 wrote:
shreddingskin wrote:
Twisted Evil

Thanks so much! Greatly appreciate your answer. Smile

You'll get it Wink Welcome to PSC and hope you have fun here Very Happy

shreddingskin

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:

You'll get it Wink Welcome to PSC and hope you have fun here Very Happy

Thanks TJ.. I'm sure I will! Very Happy

Martrex

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Also work within the original download and it should have no problem going back in. Shocked

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:38 am   Reply with quote         

when you click "save as", you should get a window pop up asking what size you want (or quality)

i used to set it at about 5 or 6

if i was working with an image or canvas size of 800 X 600

As matrex says, download the source picture and use that as your "size" template however you need to make sure your image size is 800 X 600.

Consider buying advantage, you'll have almost no worries about resolution or size in kb's!

cafn8d

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:33 am   Reply with quote         

Hope you don't mind I borrowed your screenshot, Tomco! I don't have Photoshop on this laptop. Oh, and the "draw" feature in Photobucket is awkward using a touchpad!

I want to point out a handy-dandy feature in the "save for web" process. You can also click the little right-pointing arrow (in messy blue circle) and choose "save to file size." Then Photoshop will automatically compress the jpg (or reduce colors for a gif!) within the settings you choose and give you the largest possible file under your file size limit. You can still see it and change your settings and play with this feature until you're happy with the results before you go ahead and save it. I'll play with dither and lossy for a gif, then see just how many colors I can squeeze into that setting. *Rinse and repeat* until I have the least dissatisfying outcome. Wink

tomcol6

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:53 am   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
Hope you don't mind I borrowed your screenshot, Tomco! I don't have Photoshop on this laptop. Oh, and the "draw" feature in Photobucket is awkward using a touchpad!

I want to point out a handy-dandy feature in the "save for web" process. You can also click the little right-pointing arrow (in messy blue circle) and choose "save to file size." Then Photoshop will automatically compress the jpg (or reduce colors for a gif!) within the settings you choose and give you the largest possible file under your file size limit. You can still see it and change your settings and play with this feature until you're happy with the results before you go ahead and save it. I'll play with dither and lossy for a gif, then see just how many colors I can squeeze into that setting. *Rinse and repeat* until I have the least dissatisfying outcome. Wink

Great tip! I hadn't spotted that. I normally just use the quality slider bar until the file size is what I want, but that looks like a much better way of doing it.

Now, see you in court for pinching my screen shot... Twisted Evil

cafn8d

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:57 am   Reply with quote         

tomcol6 wrote:
... Now, see you in court for pinching my screen shot... Twisted Evil

Shocked Doh!

Laughing

RalfAnneple

Post Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:05 am   Reply with quote         

Could someone furnish to do image/file upload with add and edit future in place and can be view All template imagge picture on HR, car & computer already being add on the development stage on there is no example on how to do this. Please help

Thanks

charliesou

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:50 pm   Reply with quote         

I use Vso image resizer...Its free

Exclamation

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - Freakin' Photo Upload Size - Reply to topic