Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - accessing my photos when online. - Reply to topic

cher6877

Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:18 pm   Reply with quote         

I have my photos in a program on my computer. When I am on- line I can not access all the photo folders that I have. When I go into my photo program they are all there, however when on-line only a few folders show up when I select browse.
This only occured after I switched everything to a new computer. I used to use this site all the time and never had a problem.
Any suggestions?

Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Question

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:29 pm   Reply with quote         

The online accessibility in the properties are not set to offline only in some are they?

It's an anti hacking feature of some all in one security packages, think windows newest standard ones have it installed to. Mine is disabled on all mine. McAfee latest had it included.

By the way, long long long time no see Cher, nice to see ya popping in Smile

cher6877

Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:35 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="marcoballistic"]The online accessibility in the properties are not set to offline only in some are they?

It's an anti hacking feature of some all in one security packages, think windows newest standard ones have it installed to. Mine is disabled on all mine. McAfee latest had it included.

By the way, long long long time no see Cher, nice to see ya popping in :)[/quote]

Hi, I am trying to use the site but like I said I haven't been able to get to upload what I want.
What do I need to to to change it? Thanks for the welcome back!!!

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:55 pm   Reply with quote         

well dependant on your security software it should appear when you right click on the folders you refer to and select properties. Should have a tickable box saying 'protect to online content' this needs to be empty.

If however you do not have the security I have, I am totally unsure if this feature would be accessible to you. If not, I am stumped to why you are not seeing your files Confused

ScionShade

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:12 am   Reply with quote         

..or move the images you wanna upload into a folder that is you can access......online?

bigbuck

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:32 am   Reply with quote         

Right click the folder, check properties, security. Check you have 'full control'.
You can go further in by clicking the advanced tab and check 'effective permissions'. Take ownership is at the bottom. Sometimes you lose ownership when migrating to a new computer, or if you are not logged in as administrator.
HTH

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - accessing my photos when online. - Reply to topic