Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Comment Etiquette - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Goat1981

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:06 pm   Reply with quote         

This thread makes me want to kick a puppy.

Synthvet

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Goat1981 wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

ScionShade

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Several times I've been asked for externals, I've had to reply I used none, and that became a gossip issue which equated to my image being snubbed based on one persons insistence that I was a liar, somehow the equal of a cheater.
PS is about time. Given time there is nothing I couldn't chop, and probably many, many other folks too, from scratch to the point
that you could not tell it from an actual photograph.
If I don't want to brag, or argue over what I did to complete an image, it is really nobodies business. If you are going to get in a huff, not vote, and what usually happens, go and recruit other people to spread the word, and stop the voting on a deserving image then you are plain, and simply, wrong.

ReyRey

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Goat1981 wrote:

Kick a what?

Shocked You wouldn't. Rolling Eyes

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:10 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Goat1981 wrote:

Kick a what?
Shocked You wouldn't. Rolling Eyes

Left foot!

mikey

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Kick'n the puppy dog! that's what we call it at the studio when we ROCK OUT! Wink "disclaimer" no real puppies were hurt in this thread in any way! Cool

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:05 am   Reply with quote         

Hallcross Toots
blue_lurker

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:48 am   Reply with quote         

MY god is this for real.

I simple wanted to see the guys external images so I could make an informed vote.

Do we have to stroke every ego and kiss every ass now days. Im going to take the time to respond to some of the response here. Not out of any anger or hatred but because I beleive in responding to those that take the time out comment, even if it is kickin puppies.
mastermason wrote:
I see very clearly thank you very much, but I don't see your vote on mine.

Correct because there are entries IMO that deserve my vote more now I have seen the externals.

Quote:
tadams

Blue: I'm a little perplexed by your simple request. Mastermason's entry is a just an integration of images with different lighting, both of which cover up most of the source anyway. I'm not sure why it came up on your radar given your experience and careful manner by which you vote. The skill level in that entry is basic.

Tadams I asked because with all the cut and paste images in that contest I like this one and was giving the benefit of the doubt to the guy so asked for some conformation, on another image of his I asked the same question so I could show him a better way to achieve an effect, but I see no one make a big deal out of that.
Quote:
Tadams
I do think you could have worded the following differently: "Would like to see the externals for this before I vote if possible." How about something more simple like, "Would you mind sharing your externals?" Leave it to Mastermason to respond

Mate you will find that request on many an entry in the past at PSC, most people either ignore it or show there externals. There is nothing wrong with my request, I just asked to see his external before making my vote. His first response started me thinking, and I wonder why he was so secretive with his external, See what you don't know here is that PMs have been exchange by now.
Quote:
Tadams
But it doesn't stop there. It spills over into this thread, mucking everything up all because of poorly chosen words.

So being called a blackmailer and using threats is ok then

marcoballistic wrote:
this thread has gone bloody insane Shocked its a war over nothing at all Rolling Eyes

And many a time mate you to have stayed your ground over nothing, I guess its only for the privileged few.

manic_d wrote:
hmmm now locking threads up is equivalent to deleting comments in threads. ect ect

and having to show externals and step by steps and voting becoming so complicated it needs a manual to figure out a vote. I say if you like a chop vote, if you don't then don't vote.

Hey there manic, long time no sea. I wanted the thread locked because it was getting out of hand...my fault, I was getting very pissed off. Check back on chat to see why. Showing externals is not compulsory and I did not demand and if you are proud of your work show your externals, it should not be a problem.
ScionShade wrote:
Several times I've been asked for externals, I've had to reply I used none,

But if you had used them you have shown them correct.
Quote:
and that became a gossip issue which equated to my image being snubbed based on one persons insistence that I was a liar, somehow the equal of a cheater.

Never called him a cheat or a liar, dummy dickhead and wanker yes
Quote:
PS is about time. Given time there is nothing I couldn't chop, and probably many, many other folks too, from scratch to the point
that you could not tell it from an actual photograph.

Thats why I asked about the externals, I new they were externals but I wanted to know just how much of the shadow work was his...because it could have been improved upon. Funny thing is people point out errors in posts and wait till they get repaired before they give a vote what's the bloody difference here.
Quote:
If I don't want to brag, or argue over what I did to complete an image, it is really nobodies business. If you are going to get in a huff, not vote, and what usually happens, go and recruit other people to spread the word, and stop the voting on a deserving image then you are plain, and simply, wrong.

I was not in a huff shade I simple wanted to see the guys externals so I could form an opinion on the image to make an informed decision about how I used my vote.
Goat1981 wrote:

Rather toss a bloody midget myself

To sum it up for me, like so many people here I love this place. I have put a great deal of time and effort in trying to make it a better place. Yeah Im an old fart in years, simi-old fart in PSC time. I love this place but its times like this when a simple request makes me want to cry. I know get a life and shit said it to many times to other. The fact is all I wanted to do was give the guy some tips on light and shadow work if given the chance. Yep I got a lot pissed off but with good reason.
mastermason wrote:
I see very clearly thank you very much, but I don't see your vote on mine.

I have no intention of going anywhere and it will take a better person than you to drive me away.

I'm just enjoying winding you up a bit and I can clearly see that you have totally lost it and in great need of a spliff.

So just light up relax and inhale deep.

Yeah got wound up and I do regret the f*ck off statment, but is this what you guys want for PSC. I feel that once again Im being judged not for who or what I am, but because I give shit about this place.

mastermasion I don't know you, I don't know who you are you have not been here long enough for me to make that judgement. I can make a judgement on what you post in a contest, been here long enough to have some skill in that department. I just wanted to help you out because I liked your entry don't think I will bother again because I don't deserve this shit.(Insert cry baby image here) If this is what PSC is becoming then its a sad day for me.

I guess once again its the new world order and old farts like me just don't understand all this flaming and stirring up people things, don't see how you get enjoyment out of it. Ok made this post way to long Rolling Eyes for splodge to read I guess its time for me to have a old farts nap and move on. (From this thread not the site, don't wanna start ya all on my case about leaving cause last time I took break ya all got into me about leaving remember)

bigbuck

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:57 am   Reply with quote         

I just have no idea what's going on at PSC any more. I'm starting to think it's not worth the trouble to bother asking for externals, offering any feedback or criticism, or anything. Just leave '...' on a chop! People are probably more than happy with their 40-50 votes for mediocre cut and paste chops. Shit, I'd be happy with that every time I did a ten minute chop. I've still only got a 34 average after 450 chops! I'm just really thankful that I got lots of feedback as a noob here. All those little comments/feedback/PMs/etc have really helped me over the years that I've been here. Even the stuff I've picked up from comments on other people's chops has helped. Just have a good look at the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 years ago. thread and see what the quality of stuff used to be like.

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:01 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:

Quote:
Tadams
I do think you could have worded the following differently: "Would like to see the externals for this before I vote if possible." How about something more simple like, "Would you mind sharing your externals?" Leave it to Mastermason to respond

Mate you will find that request on many an entry in the past at PSC, most people either ignore it or show there externals. There is nothing wrong with my request, I just asked to see his external before making my vote. His first response started me thinking, and I wonder why he was so secretive with his external, See what you don't know here is that PMs have been exchange by now.

This thread started off with you putting some thoughts out there about commenting/etiquette, which is good. My point is that I absolutely don't agree with you on your writing "before I vote." This was totally uncalled for and not what I would call proper etiquette.

blue_lurker

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:24 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Tadams

This thread started off with you putting some thoughts out there about commenting/etiquette, which is good. My point is that I absolutely don't agree with you on your writing "before I vote." This was totally uncalled for and not what I would call proper etiquette.

Well if you are the expert explain why it is wrong for me to request verification on some ones image and why it is not correct etiquette to let that person know I want to vote for his image but would like to be sure Im voting for the right reasons.

To everyone else...I know a lot of people think Im being a hard case over this, but why should I take all this name calling and abusive pms because I wanted to use my vote my way, responsible.

I have said this till Im blue...(Pun intended)...in the face.
I just wanted to see what I was voting for. I wish all those that sent me pms saying I was right to ask would have the balls to say so here.

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:28 am   Reply with quote         

I would find it an honor to post an occasional source if I was a great chopper but to do it every. single. entry. would be work.

I think I said above this but Blue left it out. But really if you don't like updates and want to vote for what you see which I believe is the way I read upthread then this showing externals seems to be contrary to voting for what you see. I am the kind that makes several merged images and I might have a psd file in a, b, c and all thru j with the changes. I think every single image having to make an external again would be not so fun to do and Isn't PSC the fun chop site?

I like the update option because you do learn. The only person on this site that has ever taken the time to help on a chop was Tracey and I have updated when I could figure out how to do the things he told me to do that would enhance my chop.

But I will say that I did get some great feedback on the Guru thread about doing some good fur. And that was very nice. I am not sure if your Guru is a sticky. If it is not it should be. It's a great thing to have some help but I don't know if you are supposed to be using t the Guru during an open contest. Probably not.

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:34 am   Reply with quote         

Oh and Splodge was very kind to me regarding some questions I had a few weeks back, he went out of his way to post some tuts and some flash examples and links. I appreciate that very much.

blue_lurker

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:43 am   Reply with quote         

I think you have the external confused Manic, an external is the image you find on the internet. Not your psd or how you did it just what outside images you used.

The source image is the one posted for the contest.

ReyRey

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:10 am   Reply with quote         

This place need an enema. Shocked

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Comment Etiquette - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.