Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Comment Etiquette - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

mastermason

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Open your eyes man. The majority of the other entries are all cut and paste. Where do you think all those knickers and that good looking beaver came from?

Did they all use brushes to make them from scratch.?

Poppycock.

blue_lurker

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:44 pm   Reply with quote         

mastermason wrote:
Open your eyes man. The majority of the other entries are all cut and paste. Where do you think all those knickers and that good looking beaver came from?

Poppycock.

Oh for freak sake mate, are you that dumb...from the very bloody beginning with the pm I sent you I said I was not sure if yours was a cut and paste I asked for the externals cause it looked more to me, but you are so far up your own bloody egotistic ass that you can see that.

Look and see where I voted you pillock, are you that conceited that you still cant see the reason for the request.

Now f*ck off out of my thread cause you just shit me, in fact why don't you just f*ck off for good.

mastermason

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:53 pm   Reply with quote         

I see very clearly thank you very much, but I don't see your vote on mine.

I have no intention of going anywhere and it will take a better person than you to drive me away.

I'm just enjoying winding you up a bit and I can clearly see that you have totally lost it and in great need of a spliff.

So just light up relax and inhale deep.

ReyRey

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:00 pm   Reply with quote         

ok Shocked Now that we have all had our group hug Shocked Laughing
You all take this shit too serious. Laughing Laughing Listen up. We all get asked for sources at one point or another. Once you have shown proof a couple times, people start to know your skills and they stop asking so much. It happens to all of us. People who usually get upset at that are people who either thought they could get away with something, or people with major insecurity issues. People that created something that they are proud of have no problem showing what they did. Really, anyways, what is the harm in showing your sources or methods. Even sports people have to prove they are not on steroids every now and then. Laughing Laughing Chill out. This place is turning into a bunch of pussies.
This is a contest. In contests, you are judged. The person who is voting has a right to know what he or she is voting for. If you want to make everyone happy and give your votes away to every half ass chop, that is also your choice. The voter holds the power in a contest. Asking questions is how you weed out the phonies, from the talent. Sometimes questions are asked to give the artist the benefit of the doubt. It may look like you did not do much, but when we ask questions, we find that you did do a lot. That is why all of Marco's entries come with a ten page biography.

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Well put, ReyRey.

It is important to share your sources from time to time. It's how we learn what you're made of. Too many times I've seen newcomers rely on the artwork and ideas of others. It's bad enough that they present it as their own, worse still is when no credit is given. Anyone can cut and paste, the challenge is how do you make it different and uniquely yours. If you're new to PSC, you're under a microscope. Like it or not, it's how we learn about you and how you'll learn about us.

Blue: I'm a little perplexed by your simple request. Mastermason's entry is a just an integration of images with different lighting, both of which cover up most of the source anyway. I'm not sure why it came up on your radar given your experience and careful manner by which you vote. The skill level in that entry is basic.

I do think you could have worded the following differently: "Would like to see the externals for this before I vote if possible." How about something more simple like, "Would you mind sharing your externals?" Leave it to Mastermason to respond.

And respond he did.

Judging by Mastermason's response, "I would'nt hold your breath if I was you lurker. You might turn blue!!!," I couldn't tell whether he's being funny or serious. But, as the comments continue it becomes clear: Mastermason is being snarky, and rightly so, if just a bit. The part about "vote" was uncalled for. The mere fact that you, Blue-lurker, made a comment already implies you're holding your vote back. Let him figure it out.

But it doesn't stop there. It spills over into this thread, mucking everything up all because of poorly chosen words. I'm not trying to take sides, just trying to say you both got off on the wrong foot. One thing led to another, a couple extra "!!" were thrown in, common sense tried to prevail and lost, and before you know it I'm spending my beautiful Sunday afternoon typing this because I'm utterly fascinated by how it all got started and wonder how it will end. Damn! I hope this thread isn't locked before I try to post.

p.s.

Marco's ten page entry notes aren't even authored by himself. He hires someone to write all that. I'm told this person follows him around, night and day, recording everything he does in PS.

ReyRey

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes, well put ReyRey. You are a genius. I wish I was as.........what? Shocked ......Oh........Never mind. Embarassed

mikey

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:52 pm   Reply with quote         

You forgot to mention the many elf's and gnomes that help marco chop winning entries! Razz

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:28 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
You forgot to mention the many elf's and gnomes that help marco chop winning entries! Razz

You mean the ones he hires to vote for him?

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:39 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
mikey wrote:

You mean the ones he hires to vote for him?

No, he has guardian angels on the payroll for this task.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:45 pm   Reply with quote         

this thread has gone bloody insane Shocked its a war over nothing at all Rolling Eyes

Tarmac

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:54 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
its a war over nothing at all Rolling Eyes

All wars are. Rolling Eyes

_

ReyRey

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:58 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
this thread has gone bloody insane Shocked its a war over nothing at all Rolling Eyes

True

ReyRey

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:03 pm   Reply with quote         

mastermason wrote:

Poppycock.

I love Poppycock
http://www.lincolnsnacks.com/

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:37 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:

Oh, ....Marco...um didn't see you there. We were...we were just talking about the weather. Yeah, you know it's been really hot and like stuff.

Actually I think this thread is very much still on topic, a bit heated, but still on topic with regards to blue's original post about commenting/etiquette. Start with the original thread, read through to about page seven, then hop over to Mastermason's zipper entry, read the comment/etiquette exchange, then come back and read from page seven on. Very much on topic, not a war at all. Skirmish, I'll give you that much.

Ignore all that stuff about you. You weren't suppose to read that.

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:05 pm   Reply with quote         

hmmm now locking threads up is equivalent to deleting comments in threads. I 've done it and I was called out on it and I learned that what ever dumb think I say on this forum it stays, thus I think the thread should be open for discussion.

I haven't played on here mainly things got ugly and I had to take a breather but I hate the thought of this place becoming like PST and having to show externals and step by steps and voting becoming so complicated it needs a manual to figure out a vote. I say if you like a chop vote, if you don't then don't vote. I would find it an honor to post an occasional source if I was a great chopper but to do it every. single. entry. would be work.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Comment Etiquette - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.