Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Sigh. Feeling Uninspired and Uncreative. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:59 pm   Reply with quote         

hey... my way is just don't chop....... and when you feel like chopping then it's time. I am still waiting to feel like chopping...... but then again.... life has taken over too! If you put chop block into the search bar I think there are threads about this from the last century. Very Happy

ReyRey

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:08 pm   Reply with quote         

STFUAC!! Wink

birdtoes

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:43 am   Reply with quote         

Okay - the near-death experience sounds like something I just might try Smile

yello_piggy wrote:
birdtoes wrote:
ReggieNoble2 wrote:
read a story, listen to lyrics of a song, or ...take drugs.

Hm. Been reading lots of stories. Listening to song lyrics. Darn, there's those drugs again! Will coffee and cigarettes do?

you could try to eat two packs of cigarettes at once, drink a gallon of coffee, and wait what the near-death-experience will bring Laughing

birdtoes

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:46 am   Reply with quote         

Aw - thanks for the encouragement - it's VERY much appreciated Smile
I've been looking at lots of pictures and photographs - and guess what? - I too "chop" in the middle of the night - I have chopping dreams and I put myself to sleep by visualizing different ways to chop things - but when I'm awake, nothing comes.
I've probably just been working too much (I'm a transcriber) so my brain is a bit fried - unfortunately, not from drugs - maybe I just need to give chopping a wee rest.
Thanks again!
Judy

Tesore wrote:
Look at pictures, photographs, paintings… from others ánd yourself!!! Here on psc or p.e. http://www.allposters.com/
While absorbing all the beauty there must come a moment your brain says: o yesss… I have to chop!

I have more ideas than time…
Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night to find out that my brain is still choppin’.
I think that’s funny. Very Happy
Yeah, yeah, and silly, I know! Confused

Laughing

Toi toi toi Birdtoes! You make great stuff... so go on!

birdtoes

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:46 am   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
dont chop. thats the solution. Laughing

HAHAHAH!

birdtoes

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:47 am   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
Pick a technique...lets say a simple use of texture...stick to it whatever the source pic is.....
There was a time when i was obseessed by blendings, i wanted to blend anything with anything......yea with PS u can blend a table with a human back, a tv with a head, a motor with a rat... well whatever the source pic was...i just blended....tahts fun and skill-training way to do...

That sounds like a great idea. Thanks! I don't believe I know how to blend, unless I've blended without knowing it.
Judy

birdtoes

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:48 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
STFUAC!! Wink

Um - what does STFUAC mean?
curiously,
Judy

birdtoes

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:49 am   Reply with quote         

Tea Man wrote:
i feal like that a whole lot, if you can't take drugs just pic a chop, force yourself to think of something, and do it wheather you like it or not and you'll probably feal more creative while you're doing the chop and likely feal more creative for other chops

Um, are like all of you people on drugs?
Smile Smile Smile Smile
Does Motrin count?
Anyway, tomorrow I'm going to just sit down and chop away for a while, whether I feel inspired or not.
Judy

birdtoes

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:50 am   Reply with quote         

Candron, that's a good idea - flipping the image!
I'll try it. Smile
Judy

candron wrote:
birdtoes wrote:
Hi all!
I haven't been posting as many entries as usual because I've been feeling massively uninspired and uncreative.
Anyone here ever felt like that, and does anyone have any tips on how to get over the chopping blahs?
I mean, I stare at a picture and I just can't think of a single thing to do except the same old same old.
Hope everybody is having a wonderful week!
Judy
turn every pictures on his head, dont use your screen for this but just flip the image LOL, if this doent help stop with thinking on the picture how to make an top work of it, i always put the source in my minds andthan run trough my own pictures archive maybee theres a click with the source and start there good luck

birdtoes

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:51 am   Reply with quote         

Wow - ready - fire - aim - never thought of that, but, geez, you're right! What a great saying when it comes to the creative process!
Thanks!
Judy
ReinMan wrote:
nog wrote:
the key is not to think soooo hard.... don't aim the ball just throw it

All good advice here - but in the end I agree most with the JUST START CHOPPING...

Ready.

Fire.

Aim.

That will get you much further in your creative life than

Ready

Aim

Fire

Trust me on that one, I have been where you are MANY times in my life (just look at my portfolio if you don't believe me Laughing I kinda wish I'd hit DELETE a bit more often along the way! Very Happy) But mostly I've enjoyed the journey along the way. It only hurts when you stop moving!

Micose

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:36 am   Reply with quote         

lol Judy...."STFUAC" is the most famous PSC expression, the essence of the psc spirit....that means "sht the fk up and chop"... the spirit of the psc essence...PSCSNS................

birdtoes

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:43 am   Reply with quote         

OHHHH! Okay! I love it! Smile
I will now STFUAC Smile
Judy

Micose wrote:
lol Judy...."STFUAC" is the most famous PSC expression, the essence of the psc spirit....that means "sht the fk up and chop"... the spirit of the psc essence...PSCSNS................

mikey

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:35 pm   Reply with quote         

What you have is the no real prizes blues! Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Sigh. Feeling Uninspired and Uncreative. - Reply to topic